The combined Surf Instructor and Surf Lifeguarding Courses are most popular for those people who are looking for a way in to the Surf Industry or who are looking to re-new their qualifications.
Very few companies offer a combined Surf Instructor and Surf Lifeguarding award. Even fewer companies offer the courses on the Sunny beaches of Southern Spain.
- Conil de la Frontera
Arrive in Conil de la Frontera. Meeting at the town centre bus stop. You will be met by a member of our team.
At 20:30 we will meet for an evening meal and discuss the week ahead. Timings, locations, questions and answers etc.
During the week the training course will provide you with a very solid foundation of all aspects of Surf Lifeguarding.
You will be ready to apply for employment within the lifeguard service or as a waterspouts instructor.
In addition you will also gain a foundation Surf Instructor qualification which will allow you to teach beginner surfers and early improvers.
The safety and rescue element of the course consists of:
- First Aid
- Basic Life Support
- Plenty of time and practice to develop Surf rescue skills & patient care
- Develop skills in tube and board rescues
- Develop skills in tube and board rescues with a conscious & unconscious patient
The surf Instructor element of the course you will learn:
- Essential safety information
- Gain Knowledge of equipment
- Group Management
- Coaching Skills to effectively get students catching waves and up to their feet
- Additional knowledge will include fault finding and correction
- Good Understanding of technique